MENTORING CORNER 21.05.20
STUDY GUIDE: ROMANS 8:1-11
- Why are you NOT free from sin, even though “the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death”?
- How does McGee explain ”The law of sin and death”?
- How do you become “free from the law of sin and death”?
- Why was the LAW ineffective?
- What is the solution to the fact that “He condemned sin in the flesh”?
- Identify & describe the many tensions referred to between the life of the Spirit vs. Life of the flesh.
- What is meant by: “to be carnally minded is death”?
- Why are those in the flesh unable to please God?
- If all believers are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, why is walking in the Spirit not an automated response?
- How do you attain “life and peace”?
- Some will have been told that making an effort of any kind constitutes legalism; that it’s mere religiosity. What would these passages say to that?
- How would it be possible for something God requires of His people (obedience) be considered legalistic/works, and therefore unnecessary?
- What is the believer’s responsibility?
- How would you define the primary theme of this set of passages?
- What is the underlying principle?
- How can the believer fulfill the “righteous requirement of the law”?
- What is the single most important ingredient for defeating the life of the flesh?
- In order for that single most important ingredient to be put to work, what must the believer do?
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE @