MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
PSALM 40, 14.05.20
- What aspect of GOING DEEPER do verses 4 & 5 represent?
- How would you define that undergirding belief/moral rule?
- Identify the recurring theme throughout most of the Psalm (especially evidenced by verses 1-3,10,11,17.
- What does the Psalmist demonstrate that we all should do in response to God’s goodness, and answered prayer? (note last line in v.5, verses 3,9,10).
- Could you thereby identify (from the above) a secondary theme?
- What do you learn about what is important to God from this Psalm?
- Verses 12-17 seem to veer off from the previous focus, & tend to form their own theme. What is it, & how do you understand that?
- Integrate the principle identified previously, and the theme, & secondary theme, into your prayer, making it part of your own walk.
- Ask the HOLY SPIRIT, & He will assist you to connect the dots from themes and principles and their application in your very own life, your walk in the Spirit.
- NOW PROCEED TO PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE WHICH WILL BASICALLY FOLLOW THIS FORMAT AS A GUIDELINE FOR PRAYING THROUGH ON THIS PSALM.
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
FIND PRAYER GUIDE @
REFER STUDY PAGE @