MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
LIVING WATER, JOHN 4 STUDY, 20.05.20
- Identify the principle in this body of text.
- Identify the underlying metaphor.
- What is the theme in this body of text?
- Why was the woman at the well so taken aback by Jesus/Yeshua’s request?
- What does this little scene tell you about the water needed for eternal life?
- What is the special quality of the water Jesus/Yeshua is offering the woman?
- How do you know this?
- Why is physical water insufficient?
- There are several important components with special meaning in verse 10. Can you identify what they are?
- As part of these identified components,what was Jesus/Yeshua revealing to the woman about HIMSELF?
- Besides breaking a social barrier, what was the deeper significance of this?
- Identify the substance of the symbolic entity He was offering to her?
- Put the Samaritan woman’s queries (v.11,12) into modern day terms, & understand how you may have asked the same questions, perhaps in a different way, but from the same wonderment. How much do you think she may have understood?
- In which verse, and in what way does this story address the human side of Jesus/Yeshua?
- What is that “fresh, bubbling spring within them” that brings _____________ life?
- How is it possible to “never be thirsty again”?
- What had happened/changed for the Samaritan woman in verse 15?
- How can you relate to this?
- For someone Who was not expected to associate with Samaritans, He did appear curiously at ease with this simple interchange.
- Do you think Jesus/Yeshua went that route because He knew He would find the woman there? Was this a divine appointment or was it just a meeting of chance?
- Who is your source?
- FOR SUPPLEMENTARY STUDY IDENTIFYING OUR “SOURCE,” USING THE METAPHOR OF LIVING WATER, REFER: Jer.2:13; Jer.17:13; Ps.36:8,9; John 7:37-39; Rev.7:17; 22:1,17.
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE @