MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
GOD’S GREATNESS/MAJESTY, 12.05.20
- Who do you think Ps.29:1 is referring to? I.e., who are these “mighty ones” being instructed to give God Glory? (Ref. https://biblehub.com/commentaries/psalms/29-1.htm; https://www.bible-studys.org/Bible%20Books/Psalms/Psalm%2029.html)
- What is the beauty in holiness? How do you understand that?
- What aspect of God’s GREATNESS or MAJESTY is addressed if by His VOICE alone, He can “break the cedars,” cause deer to give birth, flames to split, etc.?
- What does it mean that “the Lord is over many waters”?
- What is happening when He thunders over the waters? What does this symbolize? What types of events may be occurring?
- In the face of these many examples, what does it mean to you that everyone should tremble before the Lord?
- Who is IN CHARGE here?
- On what occasions is HE in charge?
- What, if anything, confines or restricts God’s sovereignty?
- Can you identify anything in either of these Psalms that gives opportunity to put limits on God’s power?
- Identify at least 4 specific qualities of God’s GREATNESS/MAJESTY.
- Spend some time reflecting on what these concepts mean to YOU & assemble a meaningful prayer based on key Scriptures that are particularly meaningful to you.
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE @