MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE 04.05.20
“LESSONS/PRINCIPLES FROM 1 CHRONICLES 21”
- What LESSONS can you put in your heart from 1Chronicles 21?
- In what instances, circumstances, situations, and/or events have you, like David, taken a wrong focus?
- What was the outcome: (a) of David’s wrong focus? (b) of your wrong focus?
- What happens when you put your agenda based on your own thoughts, goals, opinions, &/or desires before those of the Lord’s?
- What circumstances or experiences have you experienced where this has occurred in your life?
- Connect the dots from personal life experiences to David’s experience in this scenario.
- What is the underlying principle revealed by this set of passages?
- What happens when your behaviour/decisions fall out of step with God’s principles?
- What needs to be done in order to correct wrong focus?
- What can be done to resurrect the outcomes of such erroneous focussing?
- What has to be done to the pride and arrogance of the attitude intrinsic to this?
- What in our world today would be comparable to building an altar and making sacrifices to the Lord (v.26)?
- What parallels can be drawn between the situation David underwent with his people in Israel and the COVID experience in our world today?
- What is the primary distinction between them?
- What does this indicate about the impact of intervening variables?
- Identify the intervening variables that create differentials between the two situations/experiences.
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE @