MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
“FROM GOD’S PERSPECTIVE,” 17.04.20
- Identify the Biblical concept of sin found in 1 John 1:6.
- What is necessary to be cleansed from sin?
- Identify from 1 John 1:8, a primary example of self-deception.
- Although it is true that the Blood of Jesus/Yeshua cleanses you of your sins, there is something required of you in order for this to be actualized. What is that? (1 John 1:9)
- Identify 2 other important achievements from that same action (above).
- Review the quotes from Deut. 9. (a) What 2 things mentioned bring God’s wrath?
(b) Identify the two behaviours which are chief components of sin. (Correct: they are the same!).
- Sin is still sin, & God still hates it & is enraged by it.So what is it that makes the difference from Deut. 9’s threat to destroy & wipe them out, to the way it is now for those who believe?
- Identify the definition of sin from 1John 3:4.
- For your own learning & to fully grasp this concept of sin/not sinning, reconcile what could otherwise be seen as a discrepancy in the concept of sin, outlined in 1John 1, and 1John 3 passages quoted.
- Write out a definition of “sin” according to the Scriptures quoted in this STUDY.
- How does this definition alter your view of “sin”?
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT STUDY PAGE @