MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
“THE GREAT DAY OF THE LORD,” 13.03.20
- What is the “Great Day of The Lord”?
- What events will take place on this “Great Day of The Lord”?
- What are some signs of this approaching Day?
- What are the very specific things mentioned in the STUDY that must occur prior to the “Great Day of The Lord”?
- According to the prophets, Joel, Isaiah, Malachi, Obadiah, who will this “Great Day of The Lord” affect the most? In what ways will they be affected?
- According to Saint Peter, how will believers be affected? What should their response be?
- Why should believers look forward to/embrace/rejoice in Messiah’s return? (Find the 5 sets of passages that tell you this)
- What is the ultimate outcome, which we should all welcome?
- Distinguish between judging people and judging behaviour. One is in God’s Hands; the other is necessary in order that believers discern evil from good in their own behaviour.
- How can you tell if God’s promises are generic/universal, exclusive, or inclusive? Go back and review the last three paragraphs.
- Find the verses that indicate the outcomes for (a) those who are HIS; (b) those who have rebelled/rejected HIM.
© 2018, re-edited 2019; revised 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE @