MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
PSALM 5, 06.03.20
- If your attitude is aligned with God’s, (ref.Ps.5:4-6), how should you view wickedness, evil, & deceitfulness?
- Where should your focus be, regardless of whatever else is going on? (V.7,8)
- According to verse 8, what should you do before confronting the “Enemy”?
- REVIEW verses 9 & 10.
- Which verse is Paul quoting in Romans 3:13? Discover the parallel from OT to NT in this.
- Now cross-reference from verses 9 & 10 to 2 Cor.10:3,4, & Eph.6:12,13; Rom.3:13.
- Identify the parallels between each set of “Enemies” – (a) What are the similarities? (b) What is the difference?
- What analogy would you make from things you have experienced to the throat being an open tomb? To what would you compare that?
- What situations have you been in where “With their tongues they have practiced deceit”?
- What experiences have you had in which someone’s words have felt like “The poison of asps is under their lips”?
- Just as David had to fight physically at times, to defend himself, what is the parallel of that for you when experiencing such attacks? (As the examples above).
- In what circumstance/situations have you encountered these types of “fiery darts of the wicked one” (Eph.6:16)? (a) What did you do? (b) Were you able to apply God’s Word to quench them? © What will you do differently on the next occasion?
- When you experience an onslaught of such verbal, emotional, or psychological attacks, what should be the first thing that you do? (V.1-3, & v.7,8)
- What should the second step be that you should employ? Hint:v.10
- CONNECT THE DOTS from each of the 3 points made in v. 10 w/arsenal of weaponry given in 2 Cor. 10 & Eph. 6 (read beyond what is quoted in study).
- What does Ps.5:11,12 have to say about the final outcome when you will have applied those weapons, as above?
- Summarize God’s provision for His people from OT, to NT.