MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
PSALM 2 STUDY, 03.03.20
- I can personally think of many ways in which, in our present society, that “the nations rage, And the people plot vain things” . . . what comes to your mind?
- In what ways, perhaps, do you rage, and plot vain things?
- Can you see people around you doing this in different ways?
- What country/current situation does verse 2 & 3 call to mind?
- Very specific issues that involve that nation right now, & has been ongoing for some time, pulls us into verse 4. Can you identify that?
- Joel 3:1,2, and Gen. 15:18-21 make it very clear that the land God has promised Israel is to be a permanent possession for them. Connect the dots from those passages to what has been referred to in these.
- In verses 6 & 7 we clearly see an example of how prophesy often involves 2 different time periods, as well as different individuals. Identify those here.
- To Whom do verses 8 & 9 exclusively apply? What in each, indicates exclusivity? (Ref. Rev.19:15 for confirmation).
- What things tell you that these passages are largely referring to the ____________?
- Identify key words/phrases that so clearly refer to Messiah in this Psalm.
- Find other verses in Scripture that say, as in v.12: “Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.” Why is this so meaningful/important?
- Who says this: “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil.2:12). (a) How does this relate to verses 10 & 11? (b) Connect the dots: (i) personally, and (ii) prophetically/globally – i.e., what do you think Jesus/Yeshua/God the Father would be saying to the nations of the world right now?
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE @
VISIT PRAYER GUIDE @