MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE,
PRAYER STUDIES, PSALM 119, 07.02.20
CONCLUSION, PRAYER STUDY SERIES
STUDY GUIDE, PSALM 119:57-80, 07.02.20
- To what extent can you, as the Psalmist, truly say from your whole heart, “You are my portion, O Lord”?
- What needs to happen in your life/in your heart, in order for you to not just say this, but mean it, and be able to walk in it?
- What blocks must be removed from your mind, heart, or life?
- What sort of “cords of the wicked” (v.61) have you bound, keeping you from entirely following God’s Ways?
- What action is necessary for you to be freed from this bondage?
- Even if it’s “midnight,” (v.62) when you realize what God has done for you, do you remember to “rise to give thanks to Him”? Why is it important to acknowledge what He has done for you?
- What kind of company do you keep? To what extent can you say, like the Psalmist: “I am a companion of all who fear You”?
- In what ways did the Psalmist benefit from affliction (verse 67,71)?
- Consider the occasions of affliction in your life. Recall your responses to such affliction. In what way(s) were there parallels between your experience & that of the Psalmist?
- What adjustments are necessary to bring your responses in line with this model?
- In what ways has affliction deterred you from going astray?
- When “the proud have forged a lie against you,” (v.69) how have you responded? Were you thrown off, lashing out, feeling angry, hostile, vengeful, unable to give a godly response; or were you still able to keep His precepts at the foreground of your mind, like the Psalmist, saying: “Let the proud be ashamed, For they treated me wrongfully with falsehood; But I will meditate on Your precepts”?
- Where is your focus? Can you say, as the Psalmist, (v.72), that “The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver”?
- In what ways/to what extent, is money/financial gain, & career advancement a temptation for you?
- To what extent does money, financial gain, or a promotion in your work/career, take precedence over your walk/your surrender to the Lord?
- In what instances have you surrendered to the temptations of financial and/or career gain, ahead of your surrender to the Lord? (This will tell you where your heart is really at).
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
GO TO PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @
RETURN TO STUDY PAGE @