MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE,
“PRECURSORS, SYMBOLS, ANALOGIES” 20.02.20
- What was the symbolic meaning of the oil over the heads of priests, kings, etc.?
- What about the fact that in Ex. 30 and Ex. 40 we see them even pouring oil over the garments and accessories in the Tabernacle? What purpose would this serve?
- In Ex.30:26, what is the anointing of the Tabernacle, & the Ark of the Covenant analogous to?
- Find the counterfeit/fraudulent/mock copy allude to in the warnings given in Ex.30:32,33? (interesting analogy to false Christs/antichrists, copycat manifestations?)
- Why, in Ps.23:5, does the Psalmist feel honoured because of having his head anointed with oil?
- Why, in Matt.6:17 does Jesus/Yeshua say to “anoint your head and wash your face” when you fast?
- ANOINTING OIL in the OT is a ___________________ of the ___________ _______________ in the NT.
- To what in the NT can you compare the use of anointing oil in the OT to CONSECRATE articles, instruments, garments, & furnishings?
- CONNECT THE DOTS from priests/kings being anointed in OT to NT?
- Identify the ways in which the Holy Spirit was operant throughout OT times.
- Define “ANOINTED/ANOINTING” on the basis of the Scriptures, landing on Lk.4:18 & Acts 4:27, where you’ll end up with the ultimate of meaningfulness.
- What OT passage does Jesus/Yeshua refer to/quote in Lk.4:18? (it’s not in the Study; find it).
- Why should anointing oil be applied in healing prayers (James 5:14; Mk.6:13)?
- What can you find in 2 Cor.1:21 & 1John 2:27 about the anointing and its relationship to you? (assuming you are a born-again believer in Jesus/Yeshua).
- Read the parable of the foolish/wise virgins in Matthew 25 & connect the dots.
- Identify all the ways that the anointing oil in OT sets the stage for, symbolizes, and/or is analogous to the appearance of the ANOINTED ONE HIMSELF in NT.
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved. REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE @