MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “KEEPING THE DOORS CLOSED,” 28.02.20
- What needs to be done daily “that He might sanctify and cleanse you with the washing of water by the word” (Eph.5:26)?
- DIG DEEPER into the STUDY and list for yourself as many of the key points you can find for keeping the doors closed. (there are several).
- Now list the specific weaknesses exclusive to your walk that require vigilant monitoring.
- What are some things you can do with those habits, patterns, behaviours, activities, weaknesses, attitudes, or whatever they consist of?
- What are your tendencies in regards to becoming lax, to complacent, take things lightly/for granted?
- What do you need to do in regards to this/these patterns/tendencies?
- What, if anything, is there that you think you do not need to make an effort to surrender to the Lord, if you are serious about keeping the doors closed against the Enemy of your soul?
- What do you need to do with your weaknesses? “let the one who thinks that he stands watch out that he doesn’t fall” (1 Cor.10:12). What meaning does this cautionary note have for you?
- “idolatry, witchcraft, hostility, strife, jealousy, rage, selfish ambition, dissension, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these” (Gal.5:20,21). What is Paul talking about? How does this pertain to your walk?
- CONNECT the dots from the above to keeping your doors closed against the Enemy.
- From Paul’s list (above), which ones of these items were you: (a) aware of? (b) unaware of in your life? © Which ones did you not think of as opening doors to the Enemy? (d) Identify all the ways in which these weaknesses have the potential to re-open doors to the Enemy?
- REVIEW THE SET OF PASSAGES ON SEXUAL IMMORALITY & IDOLATRY, and answer the following: (a) What/Whom was your body created by/for? (b) What is especially defiling, reprehensible & sinful about sexual immorality?
- . Take a really close look within, up close & UNcomfortable, & get brazenly honest with yourself. Which ones belong to you? IDENTIFY them & GO TO WORK ON THOSE AREAS: SURRENDER, CRUCIFY, BRING INTO CAPTIVITY . . .
- Make a commitment to do whatever it takes to keep the doors closed and you will walk in PEACE, freedom and victory every day.
- Reading the materials referred to by Horrobin, and watching the quoted video by Derek Prince will assist you in following through with keeping the doors closed against the Enemy. There are many other books and videos available on this topic, as well. If you click on the “youtube” icon on STUDY CORNER PAGE, you can access the playlists on this topic.
© 2018, revised 2019, 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY TOPIC PAGE @