MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
CONSEQUENCES . . . .. 13.02.20
- Reflect on those occasions where you have grown lax, either in studying God’s Word, Church attendance, Bible Study group participation, prayer, etc.
- How long did it take for you to experience the distance from the Lord?
- How long did it take for you to fall into a sinful lifestyle?
- What kinds of things, activities, or practices in today’s society are parallel to the Israelites making a golden calf?
- What do you understand about today’s hero/idol worship when it comes to the crazed response that can be seen from sports fans, the Grammies, the Oscars, etc. What about that is different from the golden calf?
- How do you justify those things in your life which replace God?
- In what ways, & in what instances have you given the GLORY either to circumstances, another individual, or some occurrence, and forgotten all about God when some benefit, gift, blessing came your way?
- Reflect on occasions of impatience, when you, just like the Israelites, could not wait for God, & jumped in before Him, to make your own solution, conclusion, etc.
- What, in our present society, would you identify as being analogous to what the Israelites did in Ex.32:8? (clue: what is the primary doctrine/philosophy subscribed to by most people today?)
- How can you avoid God’s consequences?
- How does walking in the flesh open doors to the Enemy? To God’s consequences?
- How did Jesus/Yeshua’s coming alter the way in which God’s consequences/judgment are meted out?
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE @