MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, UNDERSTANDING GOD’S DISCIPLINE; PURPOSES & OUTCOMES, 21.01.20
- DEFINE the underlying precept/principle from Psalms/Proverbs references, foundational to God’s discipline.
- NOW STUDY JEREMIAH 30, 46, & AMOS QUOTES AGAIN & GO DEEPER INTO HOW GOD WORKS THROUGH DISCIPLINE.
- Identify the PURPOSE of “disciplining with justice, without destroying.” i.e. what does this achieve?
- Have you ever experienced similar activity? Can you reflect on what God’s purpose had been? Was there something you learned through it?
- Identify what seems contradictory within these passages.
- In Jer. 30:16, what how does God ultimately use the Enemy’s weapons?
- Now link that apparent contradiction to the very intent & purpose God had for exercising those contradictory measures.
- Link this to a personal experience.
- What was the reason given for God’s punitive actions?
- How does Jer.30:17 help you understand God’s motivation?
- In Amos 9:9, identify the personal parallel, & make application to a form of sifting/sanding in your own life.
- Find evidence from these passages of God’s mercy & ultimate justice, corresponding to His discipline and punishment.
- Identify the significant COMPONENT shared by Prov.3:12, James 1:12, & Rev.3:19.
- Identify themes, promises, & principles within the combined sets of passages.
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE @