MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “STEPPING INTO THE NEW YEAR as a Follower of Jesus/Yeshua,” 02.01.20
- What would you identify as the main tenet for following in the footsteps of Jesus/Yeshua?
- What does John 14:6 tell you about Who Jesus/Yeshua was, and is? What does this mean in regards to your choices, your walk, your life?
- What 3 important facts can you deduce from 1 Tim.2:5,6? Connect the dots between this & the theme of this STUDY.
- Ask the Lord by His Holy Spirit, to show you how you can apply John 13:14-17 in your own walk. How can you step into this format?
- What does this tell you about who will live in freedom and victory? What do you need to do in order to live this out?
- In addition to knowing, & agreeing with God’s Word, what else is necessary?
- What do you learn from Matt.16:24-26?
- Identify the 3 (Matt.16:24-26) ways in which you must participate if you are actually serious about following in the footsteps of Jesus/Yeshua.
- What will happen if you insist on hanging onto your own life?
- What it the single most difficult thing for you to let go of?
- What is getting in the way? What are you afraid of?
- On what basis – i.e. what is your rationale/how are you justifying it – are you holding back from the Lord?
- How will you be able to step into the New Year as a true follower of Jesus/Yeshua without taking care of these matters?
- What kind of behaviour is demonstrated in John 10? How does this apply to you?
- Compare and contrast and CONNECT THE DOTS from John 10 passages with each of the 1 Peter sets of passages. (a) What do you see? (b) Tie this into one more very important step that becomes part of your walk if you are truly committed to taking up your cross & following Him. © What role does TESTING play in all of this? (d) How can you incorporate this most important step into your daily walk?
- ** Refer back to STUDY TOPIC, “GOING DEEPER”, 13.06.19, https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/06/going-deeper-13-06-19/ to assist w/answering the above.
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE @