MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “PRAYER SERIES, WEEK 2, FACTORS TO CONSIDER” – 28.01.20
PRECONDITIONS TO ANSWERED PRAYER
POINTS TO PONDER:
- A STUDY OF PRAYING IN ACCORDANCE WITH GOD’S WORD/WILL PROVIDES ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS OFTEN ASKED ABOUT UNANSWERED PRAYER.
- AS YOU WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH THIS SERIES OF STUDIES, FOCUS ON IDENTIFYING ERRONEOUS PRAYER PATTERNS & CONNECT THE DOTS TO YOUR OWN PERSONAL PRAYERS/PRAYER LIFE.
- BEGIN TO SEE HOW CHANGING SOME ASPECTS OF YOUR PRAYER FORMAT WILL RESULT IN GOD’S BLESSINGS.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
- Why does God put conditions on the content of one’s prayer? Why should it matter to Him what we want/don’t want?
- What are the important preconditions to praying into God’s Word? (List 3)
- Connect the dots from believing in/applying the words you speak/pray to whether or not those spoken/prayed words receive answers.
- What is Jesus/Yeshua saying when He instructs you to “abide in Him”? Look up the Biblical meaning of “abiding in” – what does it intend for you to do? What does it not mean/intend
- Understand the meaning of context (Ref. Narwold, https://e360bible.org/blog/importance-biblical-context/)
- Identify passages that you have claimed/prayed/declared without regard to whether or not you were/are believing in and living them out.
- Identify ways, times, Scripture passages have been misused, misapplied, and taken out of context by yourself, by individuals in prayer, teaching, or the like.
- What do you understand to be some probable outcomes of taking Scriptures out of context, praying into them out of context, misapplying them to your own life?
- Recall ways/times you yourself have misapplied John 15:7.
- What are the three conditions identified as requirements before asking for, & expecting to receive what you want.
- What is your level of commitment & surrender to the Father, Jesus/Yeshua, and Holy Spirit? How will this impact the likelihood of answered prayer?
- Which of the following sets of conditions/state of your walk will most affect your prayer life and play a key role in determining the kinds of things you ask for and the outcome of your prayers? (a) If you are actually firmly fixed in that place of dwelling IN HIM; (b) if you are relying fully on HIM, & not on yourself; © if HIS WORDS are internalized in your heart & mind, or (d) ALL of the above?
- Anticipate, in light of the above, the beauty, the peace, in your own heart/being upon the fulfillment of the Father’s desired outcome (v.8).
- What can you imagine could be lacking when those two desired outcomes (i.e., both your own, & the Father’s) are perfectly aligned?
- Identify that fulfillment, benefit, privilege, and blessing for your self.
- What more do you need? What will be more fulfilling? What do you still think you want/need in order for the Father/Son/Holy Spirit to be enough for you?
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE @