MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “PRAYER SERIES I”, 23.01.20
- Have you ever learned to pray God’s Word? If not, PLEASE REFER TO THE TEACHING POINTS/INTRO ON THE TOP OF THE PRAYER CORNER PAGE on website link.
- What reasons (identify at least 4) were given in the STUDY TOPIC for incorporating God’s Word in your prayers?
- Describe your attitude towards prayer. Would you say that you view prayer more (a) as a chore – burdensome – or (b) as a privileged time with the Father?
- Identify the weak areas in your prayer life.
- Re-read, study, and meditate on Eph.1:18-20. Now ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you on this matter personally – to give you a revelation of what this means for you, and how you can incorporate this into your prayer life.
- What can you learn from Andrew Murray (quotes from pp.175-178) about communication and relationship with the Father through prayer?
- Review the second paragraph. Connect the dots between worship and prayer.
- Begin to journal your prayer times. Keeping track will build awareness of improvements made after practicing praying God’s Word..
- This prayer by Paul from Ephesians 1 is one of the most powerful sets of passages to pray in all of Scripture. Identify those power points for your own learning from this brief excerpt: “that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead.” (Eph.1:18-20). What is so stunningly significant about this set?
- “vessels for honor—sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work” (2 Tim.2:21). PERSONALIZE this brief passage in a prayer for yourself.
- Worship and prayer are intertwined; they are not separate. They are simply different expressions of honour in our relationship with the Father/Son/Holy Spirit. Practice integrating your worship with prayer. Pray through worship lyrics that are meaningful. Try the following worship music/lyrics by Jason Upton @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb6O7BbBBi8 (“Jesus, You’re Beautiful” music & lyrics by Jason Upton, https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Jason-Upton/Jesus-You-re-Beautiful).
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT PRAYER GUIDE @