MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “CONTINUITY IN YOUR WALK,” – 31.01.20
- Identify at least 3 PRINCIPLES in the very beginning of the STUDY.
- Identify the conditions in the Leviticus quote.
- How do you attain God’s blessings in accordance with Leviticus 26?
- What things need to be aligned in order to experience the fullness of God’s blessings, which include
- What is so important about consistency, continuity, and stability? Connect the dots to answered prayer?
- Murray makes an important point from David’s prayer in 2 Samuel 7. Identify that.
- Think of occasions where either you yourself have indulged in, or else you have observed others, indulging in prayers that, as opposed to being aligned with God’s Word, are actually attempting to manipulate, connive, scheme, misapplying God’s Word to get your/one’s own way. Do you believe you/we can coerce or manipulate God into doing something that: (a) does not fit with His Word, or (b) is not His Will for us in that situation?
- From 2 Samuel 7:18-22, there are two main themes, tenets, or precepts that manifest. What are they?
- Draw a personal parallel from verses 23 & 24 – i.e., how can this be applied to you/yourself, personally? Do you have to be Israel for a principle to apply?
- Re-read verse 25. Has God spoken anything into your mind/heart/life, that you can apply this same statement to?
- From verse 26, practice expressing to Him, in prayer, this same principle of reliance on His promises, submitting to His Lordship over your life/household.
- From verse 27, connect the dots from whatever it is that He may have recently (or in past times) revealed to you, that perhaps you have lacked the faith or understanding to lift up in prayer, and do so now. **PLEASE NOTE: just because you are not “building a house” doesn’t mean it is inapplicable. It can be a career, relationship, family, or ministry that is being built, constructed, or assembled; the principle is the same – i.e., if He has at some point revealed a thing to you, pray into it in faith.
- In verse 28, David is reiterating 3 things: (1) _____________________ (2) ____________________, & (3) ___________________________.
- From verse 29, CONNECT the words “that it may continue before You forever” (i.e., his house), to God’s blessings. I PRAY THAT YOU WILL CAPTURE THE DEEPER MEANING/INTENT HERE. (It is not just about “being blessed”).
- What level of intimacy is revealed by your prayers?
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
GO TO PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE @
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE AT ANY TIME @