MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “LIFE LESSONS FROM MARY & JOSEPH & ELIZABETH,” 16.12.19
EXAMPLES OF FAITH & OBEDIENCE
- What words would you use to describe each of the 3 individuals exemplifying great faith and obedience in this story?
- What does Luke 1:20 tells us about the significance to God of BELIEVING WHAT HE SAYS?
- How does this speak to you regarding God’s view of your level of faith/doubt?
- Identify what it is in Lk.1:18 that is connected to the consequences of Lk.1:20.
- Find the passages in each of the situations described, in which there is Angelic activity. What does this tell you about how God employs His angelic beings?
- Luke 1:38 gives much information without much detail. What is so significant about Mary/Miriam’s response? Connect the dots between Mary’s response and the words of the Angel in verse 30.
- Put yourself in Mary/Miriam’s shoes. In what ways do you suppose your response would have been: (a) similar to Mary/Miriam’s? (b) different from Mary’s response? (Consider the context of the times/culture).
- STUDY Lk.1:41-45 in more depth. What do you learn from these passages?
- Would you have connected the dots the way Elizabeth did? So immediately?
- What does this say about Elizabeth?
- Contrast v.45 with v.20. What does that tell you about what pleases/displeases our Lord/Father?
- STUDY Matt.1:24,25, and Matt.2:13,14,20,21, and discover another life lesson in ______________________ & _____________________________. Put yourself in Joseph’s shoes, and ask yourself how you would have responded in each of these situations. Would your response have been so deliberate and immediate? Notice that Joseph did not doubt, question, or hesitate* – his response was immediate.
- How was it that Jesus/Yeshua was raised in Nazareth?
- What do you learn about connections & interconnectedness between/amongst individuals and events in this story? What meaning does that have for you?
- Do you suppose there is very much of anything that occurs in isolation? Totally independent of, and unrelated to anyone, or anything else?
- What does that tell you about how God has created human beings and how He commandeers life situations? What does that tell you about how God works?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE @