MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “BIRTH OF JESUS/YESHUA,” 13.12.19
- Although it is true that Jesus/Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, born to a young Jewish virgin, came as the Saviour of the world, did He come to bring “peace on earth good will to all“ (Lk.2:14) as an automatic download? And would this play out as humans expected?
- What do you understand about how the shepherds (Lk.2:8-17) would have understood about this event?
- How do you imagine according to their understanding of God’s Prophets, that they formed expectations on this little Messiah? Can you get a glimpse of how they must have perceived what this meant for Israel, politically, economically?
- Can you capture the most intriguing aspects from Luke 2:17-20? (at least 3 or 4 things should jump out at you).
- Differentiate between the PEACE/SHALOM that Jesus/Yeshua brought in His first arrival on earth and His Second Coming. (a) During His time on earth, He said, John 14: 27 “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid”. That is an inner PEACE that each ______________ who believes in Him can have; (b) But when He comes to set up His Kingdom, then there will be a ________________ PEACE/SHALOM.
- Connect the dots from the statements about PEACE/SHALOM to the misinterpretations of what this birth meant: (a) at the time, as well as (b) throughout the ages the expectations of the occurrence of PEACE on earth with the contradiction that this has not been experienced on this earth – yet.
- Connect the dots from the prophecies quoted in Isaiah 9:6,7 to what the average person then would have interpreted this to mean, considering that they may have in fact believed that this was Messiah.
- Imagine what a stirring this occasion/news must have created . … ..
- What was Isaiah talking about in chapter 9,25, & 65?
- Can you CONNECT THE DOTS from that initial partial fulfillment with the ultimate fulfillment in Isaiah’s prophetic words.
- Identify the gaps in understanding of these prophecies which have blinded the eyes of many for generations/centuries, regarding their fulfillment and life-application.
- Identify the blocks in your mind, heart, and/or life that interfere with your own understanding.
- Re-read the quotes from Isaiah 9, 25 and 65 and identify that this will be the ultimate fulfillment of that which Jesus/Yeshua’s second coming will bring. The _____________ Kingdom will be the realization of the perfect rule of Messiah, the completion of PEACE/SHALOM & JUSTICE, when all will live in UNITY, PEACE, HARMONY.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REVISIT STUDY PAGE @