NEW YEAR’S MESSAGE, 01.01.20
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
BLESSINGS & SHALOM!
I would like to acknowledge and thank all followers/visitors to my website, facebook, twitter & other sites, and wish you each many BLESSINGS for the coming year!
May you experience a revitalized HUNGER for SPIRITUAL GROWTH in the coming year, just as Jesus/Yeshua, has invited each one to do:
37 “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me!
38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”
39 (When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. (John 7:37-39).
I, personally, have lost all faith in “New Year’s Resolutions.” My only FAITH is in what Jesus/Yeshua can do in/to/through me, as I WALK IN DAILY SURRENDER (Lk.9:23).
For those who simply would not feel right without making resolutions, let me offer the following suggestions as RESOLUTIONS for 2020:
- STUDY THE WORD DAILY.
- WALK IN WHAT YOU STUDY.
- PRAY INTO WHAT YOU HAVE STUDIED.
- TAKE GOD’S WORD FROM YOUR MIND, & PUT IT INTO YOUR HEART.
- OBTAIN A “READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN A YEAR” VERSION OF YOUR PREFERENCE, ALLOWING IT TO LEAD YOU INTO DAILY STUDY TIME.
- START EACH DAY WITH A PRAYER OF SURRENDER.
- SURRENDER EACH THOUGHT, WORD, ACTION, INTERACTION, DESIRE, INTENTION, PLAN, MOTIVE, & DECISION – every STEP you take – to the Lord EACH and EVERY DAY.
We have such a beautiful invitation from the Lord God Almighty, Redeemer of our souls, our HEAVENLY FATHER . . . . if only we would listen and respond when He says:
“Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Our goal ideally needs to embody being able to state, as Jesus/Yeshua said that:
- “I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. . . . .. for I always do those things that please Him” (John 8:28,29).
- “the Son cannot do anything by Himself. He can do only what He sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise” (John 5:19).
- “I can do nothing on My own. . . . . .for I do not seek My own will, but the will of the One who sent Me” (John 5:30).
Our ultimate goal is to develop a walk of Surrender, a life IN THE SPIRIT that becomes an automated lifestyle, not a short-term venture, or occasional indulgence, fleeting experience ascribed to individuals known as “flakes.”
Discover a faith that is/provides/creates:
- not only strengthened, but STABILIZED
- a relationship grounded in TRUST & INTIMACY
- an identity that is SECURE, rooted & grounded in Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha-Mashiash
- that is free from fear, anxiety, & doubt, washed away by the Word.
This is my NEW YEAR’S WISH for you!
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT PRAYER CORNER for NEW YEAR’S PRAYER @