MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “WITHHOLD NOT . . .” 30.12.19
- RE-READ the following: “For now I know that you are one who fears God—you did not withhold your son, your only son, from Me” (Gen.22:12). Identify the two primary requirements for receiving God’s blessings from this passage.
- This story of Abraham and Isaac has been told many times. We have all heard sermons/messages based on it, I am sure. In what ways does this Study introduce a different emphasis?
- What is the primary principle demonstrated in this story?(Gen.22:12,16-18).
- In what ways can you apply this principle to your own life/your relationship w/the Father?
- What are you facing at this present time in your life that is requiring a high degree of surrender from you?
- How must you die to self/flesh in order to be able to let go of/give over whatever it is that is being required of you?
- What is the key/secret to passing every test; to receiving God’s greatest blessings?
- What is that one thing, or things, that you cannot let go of?
- Whatever it is, once you have identified it, make a conscious decision to get rid of it, & daily: crucify it, bring your thoughts into captivity unto the obedience of Christ, & nail to the Cross whatever is getting in the way, actively surrendering that “thing” to the Lord, and asking Him to heal the gap or broken part in you that has trouble letting it go.
- WITHHOLD NOT any part of self from the Lord, and you WILL receive His ________________.
Re: #7 above:
**NOTE: (1) That “thing can be a desire, dream, hope, a person, a relationship, a career, an animal, a place; it can be ANYTHING you hold dear and do not want to let go of.
(2) As long as you are fantasizing, dreaming, hoping, wishing, longing for [whatever it is], you are still holding onto it, holding back from God, and not letting go (as you may think you have).
© 2017, revisions 2018, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY TOPIC @