MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO RIGHTEOUSNESS . . ..,” 28.11.19
- Define holiness. Broaden your understanding of how holiness pertains to you/your life, personally.
- Identify any behaviours, things you participate in/are party to, which are unholy.
- What do you need to do about these? (*Hint: All your answers are in the first 3 paragraphs of the Study).
- What things/activities/desires are you unwilling to give up in order to be completely set apart?
- Explore what is behind this rebellious attitude.
- Train yourself to become aware of the messages that contain distortions of God’s Word, whether they are from the pulpit or otherwise. Your awareness/discernment of these is directly proportionate to the amount of time spent in God’s Word/your familiarity and knowledge of The Word of God, and the degree of intimacy in your walk with Him.
- When you find yourself attempting to find excuses for unholy behaviour, what should/can you do?
- If you come from a background which taught you that because you have Christ’s righteousness you can do whatever it is you want, and you are still righteous/holy in His sight, you have received false teaching. Please see that if we are to be ambassadors for Christ (2 Cor.5:20,21), that would be not only contradictory and deceptive, but absurd. How can you represent someone, while demonstrating opposing behaviour? Do you see how wrong such teaching is?
- “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the desire of the flesh, the desire of the eyes, and the boasting of life—is not from the Father but from the world. The world is passing away along with its desire, but the one who does the will of God abides forever” (I John 2:15-17). Please review and ponder and meditate on this Scripture; ask the Holy Spirit to bring revelation and conviction.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
© 2020 Vernasstudycorner