STUDY GUIDE, “WALK IN DAILY SURRENDER,” 22.11.19
- How often do you feel like Paul, (Romans 7), that you keep doing the things you don’t want to do, and seem unable to do what you know you should? This is when we need to put our flesh to death, to die to self. Identify those recurring times and ways that feel this way and identify the parts of your flesh that need to be crucified. Include them daily in your prayers, and put them to death on the Cross. For more specifics on this, consult the links to the previous Studies on “Death of Self.”
- Make it a daily practise to ““bring your thoughts captive unto the obedience of Messiah” (2 Cor.10:5). Let’s get something straight here, also. Many people pray, asking God to do these things for them. That is not what the Scriptures are telling us. It is you yourself that needs to do this. By an act of will, and by the power of the Spirit within you. This is your portion; you must participate. “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. . . “ (Phil.2:12). Don’t ask God to do for you what He has instructed you to do.
- Are you consumed by the desire to live your life “wholly unto Him”? On a scale of 1 > 10, if 1 = minimal desire, and 10 = consumed with desire, identify where you are on that scale?
- How can you improve your position on that scale? (No. Please don’t ask Him to do it; this is your job). What do you need to do to put yourself in that place of passion for Him/self?
- What is preventing you from walking in full surrender?
- Make a decision today. Set your will to that place of walking in surrender. His Word provides you with all the tools; you simply need to implement them. He has given you the Holy Spirit to equip you; now you need to set your mind and your will to follow through.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE @