MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “SET APART,” 29.11.19
- Upon becoming a believer/follower of Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, you are set apart for Him. That is what makes you holy – not because of anything you did. He chose you. But that does not mean that you are free to do whatever you want. To the contrary, it is a privilege to have been chosen, so why should you not desire to keep His Ways? Yet so many purported believers/followers rationalize, justify, & make excuses for doing otherwise. In what ways/what areas of your life are you a participant in this activity?
- Identify your own ways of rationalizing/justifying this rebellious behaviour.
- What do you need to do about this?
- Where do you position yourself on the scale of
Desiring to be holy/following God’s Ways >>>>>>>>>>>>>> rationalizing, justifying, making excuses for doing things your own way?
- What has your teaching, your learning, & understanding been in this regard?
- What does it mean/how does it apply to real life/time, that a “little hametz leavens the whole batch.. .” ?
- Is there such a thing as a “little holiness” or a “little sin”? Is there such a thing as partial obedience?
- What do you believe is the root of the problem?
- What needs to happen in your own life to reconcile any discrepancies in this regard?
- What can you do to become holy?
- Although you cannot do anything to earn your positional holiness in the Lord, what is it that you can and do need to do in order to honour that privileged position?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
© 2020 Vernasstudycorner