MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “DECEPTION PROPHESIED,” 06.11.19
- What is unique about the deception that is occurring in these near-to-the-end-days?
- Select the passages from which you can clearly identify present events which are fulfilling Scripture even as you do this exercise.
- Select the passages that are most concerning to you/yourself/your life?
- What makes them so concerning to you?
- How can you take care of that concern?
- How can you detect false teachings on your own?
- Why is it so important to have discernment in the area of deception?
- Who do you understand the “Nicolaitans” (Rev.2:6; 3:15) to be? (If you do not know who the Nicolaitans were research the term online; please use a Biblical site, not secular). Identify their coordinates/parallels in our modern day.
- Who/what do you think He is referring to as the “blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan”? (Ref.Matt.23; Rom.2:28).
- Translate Rev.2:14 into modern-day parallels for yourself.
- Identify the tools/strategies given by God’s Word with which to arm yourself against deception.
- How many times can you find the word “REPENT”? What does that indicate?
- Who/what does “JEZEBEL” represent in our society? What is He talking about in Rev. 2:20-23? How do you relate to, and what should you do in situations where individuals are clearly inappropriately using positions of power and authority to unduly influence and lead people astray?
- In what ways and on what basis are you called to judge? (Ref. John 12:48-50; John 5:19-47).
- In what ways might you be seduced and deceived into believing wrong things?
- How do you understand that “many who are first will be last, and the last first”? (Matt.19:30). What does it mean?
- What is the single most important ingredient/prevention against falling prey to deception?
- Now review 2 Tim.3:16,17 and 2 Pet.1:19-21 and summarize what they mean to you.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER AT ANY TIME TO STUDY TOPIC PAGE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
© 2020 Vernasstudycorner