MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, I THESS. CHAPTER I,2, 15.10.19
- What do you notice most about Paul’s greeting (2 points)? What is important about this?
- From verses 2 – 10 in the remainder of chap. 1, Paul exemplifies important qualities of good leadership. Identify at least 3.
- What is Paul talking about in v. 2,3? What is important about that?
- While Paul is acknowledging their faith (v.6-9), he refers several times to something very important. What is that?
- When Paul acknowledges their faith, & how God is using them, who does he give all credit/glory to?
- What do you notice in verse 4?
- We see from verse 6, that something else was going on. What was that? Perhaps this is what makes it all the more important that he is taking extra steps to validate them throughout the letter.
- Notice in the second chapter that the focus shifts. Identify what it is that Paul is emphasizing and why that would be.
- Ch.1:6 & 2:1,2 address __________. How are you to respond to persecution or other adversity? How do you respond to persecution and/or adversity?
- Another quality of leadership surfaces here. Can you identify what that is? (Hint: v.7,9,11; it has to do with what Christ modelled so well; think of what He did for all of us and throughout His time on earth).
- Identify 2 important principles in verse 4 of chapter 2.
- Verses 4-6 address several concepts important to the life of a believer. What are they?
- In what ways and in what areas of your life can you incorporate/integrate these concepts & principles, applying them to real life situations?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE for PASSAGES QUOTED @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.