MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE:
II CHRON.16: END OF ASA’S REIGN, STORY WITH A TWIST, 11.10.19
- What strategy did king Asa employ when he made the request for King Ben-hadad of Aram to break his treaty with King Baasha of Israel?
- When have you employed such maneuvered to achieve a desired outcome? (a) what is the root cause of such a strategy? (b) what are the circumstances in which you would employ that manipulative maneuver?
- What do you suppose drove king Asa to initiate such action?
- Was this action impulsive, or had it required some
- For 35 years Asa was a good king, following God’s laws, seeking God only & relying on His leading. In the 36th year, things took a sharp turn. What could have accounted for such a sudden shift?
- What should King Asa have done, rather than manipulating & maneuvering in order to secure his/Judah’s position? (Review/Refer back to 2 Chron.14:11).
- When the prophet Hanani confronted king Asa with what he had done, how should King Asa have responded?
- When was the last time, you, like Asa, forgot (v.8) about Who was at the helm in your last victory?
- If king Asa had humbled himself before the Lord & repented rather than becoming defensive, angry, violent, how might that have altered the outcome?
- What does this say to you about the significance of relying on God Almighty HIMSELF – I.e., Him & Him alone? How important is that to you?
- What makes it so difficult to always do that?
- What are the most common obstructions? What is most likely to interfere with your ability to simply trust in/depend on the Lord only?
- What happens when you attempt to take control of events, situations, and circumstances, instead of relying on/waiting on/seeking/surrendering the situation to the Lord? What sorts of consequences have you experienced?
- How do you feel at the end of this story?
- What would you do differently from Kind Asa if you put yourself in his situation?
- What is the moral of this story?
- What is the message that you take away from this for your SELF?
- Verse 9 identifies a very important principle: (a) what is He looking for? (b) who is He looking for? © What kind of heart does He require? (d) what will He do with that individual when He finds him/her?
- What does this (v.9) mean to you?
- What life lessons have you learned? How can you incorporate, integrate, & apply them to your very own life?
- *** If you have difficulty identifying what this means to you, I would encourage you to re-evaluate your relationship/walk with the Lord, because it SHOULD have meaning for each/every believer.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT STUDY PAGE TO REFER TO ALL PASSAGES @