MENTORING CORNER’S STUDY GUIDE, JOB STUDY, PART 4/CONCLUSION: GOD RESPONDS TO JOB, 28.10.19
- What did you notice most about God’s response to Job?
- In what way was it different that what you expected? Did you anticipate an apology? Did you anticipate an explanation?
- Notice all the information given about what is referred to in our society as “MOTHER NATURE.” (a) What is “Mother Nature”? Who is in charge of “Mother Nature”? (b) What is God saying about “MOTHER NATURE”? i.e., has all this just been thrown together haphazardly, or is there an “order” to things? (Refer verse 33).
- What impact do God’s questions to Job have on you?
- God’s strategy of questioning Job rather than answering Job’s questions could go a long way in certain types of situations that you face. See how you need to employ this strategy.
- As you read how God’s creatures (chap.39) were created to live their lives uniquely and in the freedom to do as God created them to live, how does this speak to you about the ways in which human beings have interfered with God’s plan for His wild creatures?
- Review 39:16-18. Identify: (a) Negative characteristic of the ostrich (b) the reason God gives for this © what does this tell you about God’s consideration and plan for His creatures? (d) See how God has balanced the negative feature with a positive/strength/attribute (v.18). (e) What else does this tell you about God? In what way does He attend to detail?
- In chapter 40, God questions; Job answers. In what way has Job’s interaction with the God of the Universe been altered? What has changed for Job?
- What do you think God’s purpose is in spending so much time on the hippopotamus? What is the point He is making here? Review v.9-11.
- Review Job 42:1-6: What transpired here? What do you discern? What two processes has Job undergone? In what way does he view God quite differently?
- After all the documented interactions between Job and his friends, God gave the most credit to ______ as having spoken Truth about Him. What does this say about everything that went on, overall? What does this say about all the advice that was given to Job? About their criticism?
- Not only was Job instructed to pray for his misguided friends, but “When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes. In fact, the Lord gave him twice as much as before! Then all his brothers, sisters, and former friends came and feasted with him in his home. And they consoled him and comforted him because of all the trials the Lord had brought against him. And each of them brought him a gift of money and a gold ring. So the Lord blessed Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning” (Job 42:10-12). This is an amazing reality. What does this tell you about what this was all about? Would this tell you that Job passed the test? What else does this tell you?
- What interesting tidbit can you find in verse 15? What does that mean – what does that tell you about the Father’s Heart? What does this tell you about God’s Justice?
- What else have you learned from the STUDY OF JOB?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE FOR QUOTED PASSAGES @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
© 2020 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
© 2020 Vernasstudycorner