MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: I THESS. CHAP.5 STUDY, 18.10.19
- Review the previous chapters & define the overriding theme of the combination of Paul’s letters to the Thessalonians.
- In what ways is your daily walk impacted if you apply this focus?
- How does this perspective alter your attitude, your priorities?
- How do you understand his contrast between “children of the light” of those of darkness?
- What does it mean to be asleep?
- How can you know if you are one of the “children of the light and of the day” and that you “don’t belong to darkness and night”?
- How does Paul advise you? How can you ensure that you are not asleep, or in the dark?
- What does Paul teach us about how we should be in relation to: (a) our fellow believers (b) our leaders?
- What sort of responsibility do you have in relation to those believers who are weaker, or struggling in some way with their faith/walk? (V.14).
- Summarize, from verses 16-22, the qualities/characteristics that you, as a follower of Jesus/Yeshua, are advised by Paul to emulate?
- In what way do you understand v.19? (a) In what ways can one stifle/quench the Holy Spirit? (b) Think of times, ways, & occasions where you have done so © Repent of those times.
- What can you do to ensure that quenching the Holy Spirit is prevented? (Hint: v.6,8)
- I pray this benediction over each one: “Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again” (V.23). Now incorporate this in your own daily prayers for yourself and experience the improved nearness of the Lord in your walk.
- Incorporate the above also as a prayer of intercession for others in your life, & you will be walking in love, joy, & peace, prepared for the Lord’s return (including the preceding tribulation period).
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE for QUOTED PASSAGES @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.