MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, I THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 4, 17.10.19
- What does Paul say God’s will for you is? (V.3)
- What is the expectation that follows from that?
- What does it mean for you to live “in holiness and honour” (v.4)?
- How can you do that?
- Verses 3-7 clearly delineates what principle?
- From V.8 we see that not living according to God’s laws/ways, is not only disobeying laws, but ______________God HIMSELF.
- Notice the number of times Paul uses the prepositional phrase “even more”? What does this suggest?
- What is your tendency? Do you tend to be satisfied with doing the bare minimum, or do you tend to go beyond the call of duty, & do “even more”? Which approach do you suppose is more pleasing to our Lord?
- Return to v.5 (“not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways) & interpret what this means.
- Unbelievers do not live by the standards that believers are called to live by.
- Find the passages in which Paul discusses lifestyle/how believers are to live their lives. How does this speak to you?
- STUDY verses 13-17 & answer the following: (a) What is the special hope that you should have as a believer at the prospect of death? (b) What does Paul say about what will happen when Jesus/Yeshua returns? © In what way is this reassuring to you?
- Are you more encouraged, or more fearful when you study these things? How does that fit with what Paul states in the last verse?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.