MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, DO NOT JUDGE, 22.10.19
- Be honest with yourself, and evaluate your own patterns. How often do you tend to notice what is wrong with others, while failing to notice your own flaws, faults, shortcomings?
- Do you have a tendency to blame, criticize, find fault with others, before dealing with your own shortcomings? How does this affect your relationships?
- What is the difference between judging and discernment?
- What is it that makes is very important that we know God’s Word?
- Why is it important to judge/discern regarding events, actions, and behaviours going on around you?
- What is absolutely essential in order for you to discern/judge actions/behaviour?
- In what ways have you applied God’s Word to assess, discern, and/or judge behaviours in social situations?
- In what ways, instances, and on what occasions do you, or have you judged the individuals, rather than judging the behaviour?
- In what ways have you allowed others to influence you, even lead you astray due to a lack of discernment/ability to judge activities, behaviours, practices, etc.?
- Review all the quoted passages, and make a list for your self: (a) of all the reasons you need to employ discernment; (b) of all the specific areas in your life where you know you are weak, and lack discernment; © Ask God to give you the gift of discernment. KEEP asking until you begin to experience a difference.
- Without awareness of body language which accompanies, or precedes many behaviours, you are open to being deceived. What body language do you emit which opens doors to seduction, deception, and the like?
- What does Paul mean by: “For if we were judging ourselves thoroughly, we wouldn’t be coming under judgment” (1 Cor.11:31)? Personalize & apply to yourself/your life.
© 2017, revised 2018, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO STUDY PAGE AT ANY TIME @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.