MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: HAGAR/ISHMAEL STORY, 08.10.19
- Pull out the principles in this story.
- Identify the promises accompanying the principles.
- Give examples of God’s mercy & grace.
- In what way was God present to Hagar?
- Was Hagar included in God’s covenant promises?
- How does God often show His love, mercy and grace in our world today, even to those who do not know and honour Him? Even to those who are not His? (Ref.Matt.5:45)
- In what way does Matt.5:45 reconcile some of the discrepancy, in congruence, or paradox?
- Can you see this as another principle?
- God’s covenant promises, however, are _______________, and NOT __________________. (Hint: they do not apply universally).
- To what personally known situation can you apply, or relate this situation/story of Hagar/Ishmael to?
- How can it help you to bring some degree of reconciliation to that situation, and lay it to rest?
- What have you learned from this story in a more personal, meaningful way, that you can apply to your own life and/or walk?
- What did you learn about how God works that you hadn’t been aware of before?
- There are many life lessons in this story. Identify the life lessons you discovered.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.