STUDY GUIDE, I JOHN 5:1-12, 18.09.19
- What provides evidence of your love for God? (v.2,3)
- How do you understand the importance of believing in “him who is begotten of Him,” & loving “Him Who begot”? (v.1) What can you connect this to?
- What are the 2 requirements necessary to be able to say you “love the children of God”? (v.2)
- What is the prerequisite to overcoming the world? (v.4,5) What is the key to overcoming the world?
- Besides believing, it is necessary to exercise, & demonstrate your _______________ & __________________.
- What do you understand that is meant by “he who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood” (v.6)?
- There are many different interpretations of this passage (above). Refer to https://biblehub.com/commentaries/1_john/5-6.htm and do some of your own digging. (Only Jesus/Yeshua was fully born through the shedding of blood in addition to the breaking of a mother’s water at the time of birthing, which is another explanation i have heard, which confirms His special status as being not only a “man” but also Deity.)
- V. 7 & 8 – why do you think the Spirit, and the water and the blood, testify, and agree to declare that Jesus/Yeshua is the Son of God?
- V. 9 would appear to connect the dots & pull this all together. Now go back to verse 6 and see that by connecting each of these verses & concepts, your understanding will expand.
- Study v.10-12: (a) “Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself” is referring to the ____________ _____________. (b) What is the central theme here? (c) Without believing in ___ _______ of _______ there is no hope for _____________ life.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther All rights reserved.
REFER STUDY PAGE FOR ALL SCRIPTURES QUOTED @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.