MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “WHAT WE CAN LEARN ABOUT HEAVEN FROM OT SCRIPTURE,” 05.09.19
- What are two things we can know with certainty about Heaven? (Job 22, Ps.14, Ex.20, Deut.4)
- The Heavens are often used to do what? (Isa.13; Hagg.2)
- “the thick darkness where God was” (Ex.20:21) – does this mean that God was confined to residing in that place ofthick darkness?
- What does it mean to you that there are windows, or portals in Heaven? How does God use those openings? Dig a little . .. . .
- Who else is in Heaven besides God Almighty Himself? Who has access to Heaven? Dig a little . ..
- Are there animals in Heaven? What specific animals are mentioned in some of these passages? (they are also referred to in Revelation).
- How BIG is Heaven? How much space does it take up? What are its measurements? Can it be measured? (I Kings 8; Isa. 40)
- Connect the dots from Isa.65 to NT passage 2 Pet.3 & Rev.21:1 (previous day’s STUDY @ https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/09/about-heaven-04-09-19/)
- Connect the dots from Mal.3:10 to Ezek.1:1 with Acts 7:56 (ref. Above link). How does God use these windows/portals/openings? Don’t put God in a box. He doesn’t only use them for one purpose/in one way.
- Daniel 6 & Zech.6 teach you what about the function of God’s angels?
- What do Ezek.8:2 and Daniel 7:9 depict? How do you see in your mind’s eye how God the Father may appear visually? What do you imagine from these passages? (there are other places in Scripture with similar descriptions).
- Select the sensations which are described in Ezekiel, Daniel, Haggai, & Zechariah. How do you experience these?
- Who is Daniel 7:13 & 14 referring to?
- What do you discover about Heaven from these passages?
- What is most meaningful to you?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.