MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, I JOHN STUDY, PART V1, 16.09.19
- What does v.1 of 1 John 4 tell you about false prophets?
- Connect the dots between false prophets, & the fact that every spirit is not of God. What does that tell you about what kind of spirits are working through false prophets?
- Now we know that “Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,(v.2) “and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God,” but does that guarantee that there can not be a wrong spirit working/speaking through someone who confesses Jesus as Lord?
- If evil spirits are working through false prophets to deceive you, then what kind of spirit is working through a fellow believer in Christ who is gossiping, spreading rumours and lies about someone else?
- Review Acts 5 quotes, emphasizing verses 4 & 9. (a) Ananias & Sapphira were _______________; (b) yet there was a spirit of __________ working through these believers.
- What does Acts 5:1-11 tell you about why discerning of the spirits is important?
- When you are sharing with someone about the Lord, and your spiritual journey and they cannot relate to, or understand what you are talking about, what does this indicate? (I John 4:6).
- How can you distinguish between a spirit of truth, and a spirit of error? (v.5,6 of 1 John 4)
- Are you supposed to test the Spirit of the Lord? (Acts 5:9)
- Testing the spirits is referring to what, then?
- So what is so important about testing the spirits?
- Identify occasions where, due to the inability to identify a wrong (evil) spirit working through someone, you were deceived, hurt, or led astray, or made a wrong decision?
- In John 14:30 Jesus/Yeshua says: “I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.” Connect the dots with I John 4:4
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER BACK TO SCRIPTURE QUOTES @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.