STUDY GUIDE: “WHAT NT SCRIPTURE SAYS ABOUT HEAVEN,” 04.09.19
- Find the 3 passages that makes it clear that heaven is exclusive and not inclusive.
- Which of the above passages substantiate with absolute certainty the existence of a HEAVEN.
- Identify as many phrases from the above passages as possible which make Heaven real to you. (I found 10; how many can you find?)
- Where do the Scriptures say that Jesus/Yeshua is? (hint: Acts 7, Col.3, Mk.16)
- What is the difference between the wide gate & the narrow gate? (Matt.7)
- Identify every passage that tells you that Jesus/Yeshua is coming back, & that you are going to be where He is. How many can you find?
- The following passages tell you something about Heaven. What is it? (a) “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.(b) “And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.” (Lk.13:30)(c)Are we all the same in the Heavenly realm? Are there different levels in Heaven? Are there different categories?
- Many assume that because they will be reunited with loved ones in Heaven that they will carry on in the same relationships, as in husbands/wives. What does Jesus/Yeshua say about this? (Matt.22:30)
- What do you understand from the following statement? “God is not the God of the dead, but of the living” (Matt.22:32)
- How is it that God will burn up the present heaven & earth, and there will be a new heaven & a new earth? Why would God do this?
- Who will be in Heaven? Is there one particular people group? Will only the Jews be in Heaven? (Lk.13:29; Rev.7:9)
- How should we be anticipating the coming day of the Lord? (2Pet.3:12,13)
- MEDITATE on the following passages: John 14:2,3; Mk.16; Lk.13; Acts 7; Col.3:1; Rev.7; Rev.21:1 What do you envision Heaven to be like from this little glimpse?
- Rev.7 refers several times to the white robes. Who are they for? Are they for everyone?
- What to you, are the most comforting promises of the Heavenly Kingdom? (John 14, Rev.7:12,16,17)
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.