MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, 1 JOHN STUDY, PART 3, 11.09.19
- Although we are called to love, we are specifically not called to love (v.15)_____ _____________ or _____________________________.
- How does loving the world or the things in the world affect your relationship with the Father? (v.15)
- What effect will saying you love the Father have if your loyalties are with the things of the world? (v.15)
- Do you think you can fool God if you say what He wants to hear, while doing otherwise?
- What are three things in verse 16 (this does not mean the list is comprehensive, by the way) that are NOT of the Father?
- List actual behaviours(as many as you can think of)for each, that would correspond to each of these categories.
- Which of these 3 things are you most vulnerable to?
- Which of these 3 are you in need of repenting for?
- Verse 17 is obviously referring to a _______________ time; unless one somehow sees this as having already been achieved, or realized.
- What is the condition (v.17) for that eternal abiding?
- Review v.18,19, 22,23. What is the primary message/theme? What is the warning? What is needed in order for us to not be deceived?
- What is substantiated in v.23? What does this tell you about the validity of New Age, Globalism/Universalism, inclusivity modern doctrines? (Ref. John 14:6)
- What is that very special provision for those who truly abide in HIM? (v.20,27)
- Once again, look at the repetitive use of the word “in,” as well as the emphasis on “abiding in.” This is not incidental, but paramount: (a) Connect the dots from these usages to who you are/your identity (v.24) (b) What special provisions does that privileged status (v.25,28,29) make available to the true born-again believer/disciple? (you should be able to identify at least 3 things here).
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
REFER QUOTED PASSAGES ON STUDY PAGE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.