MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE for “TAKING DEHYDRATION DEEPER . . ..” 15.08.19
IF YOU HAVE WHOLE-HEARTEDLY PARTICIPATED IN THE PREVIOUS PRAYER GUIDES, WHICH ACCOMPANIED THE PREVIOUS STUDIES, YOU WILL ENJOY STUDY QUESTIONS; OTHERWISE, THEY MAY BE QUITE CHALLENGING.
- How much of your focus goes towards your spiritual journey, in comparison with your focus on your carnal desires, life, & related concerns?
- In what way, and to what extent are you even able to say, like Paul, that you “press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us” (Phil.3:14)? How much thought is even allotted to this commitment?
- What makes you think it doesn’t apply to you?
- If we are going to be part of His covenant are we not also called to run the race in order to “press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me” (Phil.3:12)?
- If you think that pursuit of perfection only applied to Paul: (a) Why was he trying to pass this on to his followers, to us? (b) Why did he also express such expectations as for us to aspire to becoming “a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” (Eph.4:13)? (c) Why did Jesus/Yeshua instruct us to: “hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations— (Rev.2:25,26); and again: “Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. He who overcomes, I will . . . .”(Rev.3:11,12)? What does this tell you?
- Notice that Paul goes on to say:”Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things” (Phil.3:15), and says “Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example” (Phil.3:17).Does this sound like he’s sharing it just so they know what he is doing?
- How are you maintaining sufficient levels of hydration?
- How dehydrated are you?
- What changes do you need to make: (a) in your attitude? (b) in your priorities? © in your lifestyle? in order to increase, & maintain your hydration levels?
- What do you need to do to avoid dehydration in the future?
- In what ways are you merely shadowboxing, (1 Cor.9:26), fighting with the wind/air/elements (Phil.3:26)?
- To what end has “Christ Jesus first possessed” you? (Phil.3:12). Just for your own pleasure, for bare-bones salvation, or is THERE MORE?
- What does that tell you about whether you are supposed to be satisfied with a state of bare bones salvation?
- Notice that in Phil.3:14, God is calling you to “receive the heavenly prize.” Identify the three conditions necessary to “receive that heavenly prize,” (Phil.3:14), “the crown of righteousness” (2 Tim.4:8).
(answers are found in Phil.3:16, 2 Tim.4:7 & 8).
- Are you thirsty? Do you thirst, do you long for the Living God, for His LIVING WATERS? Where do you go to get your fill? Do you refuel in the pleasures of the flesh instead of the treasures of the LIVING WATER?
- What will it take for you to take your position in the Kingdom of God seriously? To actually aspire to be who God has called you to be? To assume your right identity in Christ?
- Now re-visit the previous STUDY, “THERE’S MORE,” from 12.08.19, @ https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/08/20693/ & connect some dots. THERE’S MORE, folks; SO MUCH MORE . .. ..
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.