MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, RESURRECTION LIFE, 25.07.19
- What about you? What is most important to you?
- Are the things of this world what concern, preoccupy your mind, & mean most to you? To what extent are you aware of the fact that the things in this world that make you FEEL GOOD, are the very things that take you away from HIM? (that’s what verse 2 is saying, folks).
- To what extent would you be able, like Paul, to say that you “count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord . . .”? Have you ever even really considered that the things you must give up in order to follow Christ are really gains – that they are the very things that will enable you to bring HIM GLORY?
- Connect the dots from those things you know you have to give up in order to follow Christ to those things that will be gained from doing so.
- In what ways/what areas of your life have you, like Paul, “suffered the loss of” anything?
- Over what areas of your life does Christ Jesus/Yeshua take precedence?
- In what ways is knowing HIM more important to you than the pleasures of your flesh & of this world?
- Assess honestly your perception of your own state of righteousness. In what ways are you SELF-RIGHTEOUS?
- Look up close & UNcomfortably at your attitude/perspective. How often do you find yourself judging others, & thinking more highly of your self, feeling quite superior & smug, righteous in your own eyes – religiously righteous . . .?
- From what source comes the only righteousness you have?
- Compare the extent to which there is a longing in your heart to know Him, with the desire for things?
- When/on what occasions do you ask for “the power of His resurrection,” the one & only power that has the power to transform your mind/will/emotions/heart/soul/spirit/body?
- Have you even ever asked Him to put into your heart such right desires as those Paul asked for? I.e. that you may “attain to the resurrection from the dead,” so you can become more like Him? Do you even think to ask for this, or are you too preoccupied with asking for the things of this world that you think will make you happy?
- Would you even consider asking to partake of “the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,” or is that a bit too far-fetched, too scary?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
COME WITH ME TO PRAYER CORNER & LET US PRAY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE PASSAGES WHICH, BY THE WAY ARE TOTALLY WHAT JESUS/YESHUA IS INTENDING WHEN HE SAYS IN LUKE 9:23,24: “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross DAILY, and follow Me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.”