MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, PART III, 1 KINGS 11 STUDY, 04.07.19
Re-read now the last set of verses, 9-14, & answer the following:
- Identify what most angers God?
- Despite a multiple of messages from the pulpit applauding Solomon’s great kingship (the temple, etc.), & his wisdom, it is important to note God’s immense displeasure with King Solomon, & His warning of long-term consequences.
- Having said that, there is an interesting twist in the way God meted this out. Identify that “twist” & identify the reason behind it.
- See through this the interesting complexities & intricacies in the way God works. Identify another principle within this (v.12,13).
- Upon reading v. 11, one is just waiting to see God lower the boom on Solomon’s head immediately. But it does not happen. In fact it will not occur until much later. How do you understand this?
- It is not because God glosses it over, & decides it’s not so bad after all; it is an outcome of Who God is – see again, v.12,13 – these 2 little verses, folks, are loaded.
- Carrying on from the above, this tells us about God’s ______________. Who is He being ______________ to? It is not Solomon; it is ______________. It is because God had made a COVENANT with David, & for no other reason.
- Identify the two things He promises here, for David’s sake. And then, ultimately, for the sake of ____________________, His chosen city.
- One more important revelation from v.12 – although He will not remove the kingship immediately from Solomon, it will be Solomon’s son who will bear the brunt of this loss. What would you identify this to be?
- What 3 things does v. 14 tell us?
- Write down as many principles, truths, & details about the way god works that you have learned throughout this STUDY of I Kings 11:1-14.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
IF THROUGH THIS STUDY THERE HAVE BEEN THINGS STIRRED UP IN YOU, THAT IS A WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. THANK HIM FOR WHATEVER HE HAS SHOWN/DONE IN/TO/FOR YOU.
IF THROUGH THESE STUDY QUESTIONS, THERE ARE QUESTIONS YOU ARE STILL GRAPPLING WITH, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. PLEASE USE THE “CONTACT BOX” BELOW TO ADDRESS ANY SUCH QUESTIONS OR ISSUES.
MY PRAYER IS FOR THESE STUDY QUESTIONS TO ASSIST GROWTH BY CAUSING PEOPLE TO DIG DEEPER INTO THE WORD OF GOD, & MAKE CONNECTIONS FROM HIS PRINCIPLES, FROM THE WAY HE WORKS, TO YOUR OWN WALK, YOUR OWN LIFE.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.