STUDY GUIDE, PART II, 1 KINGS 11:1-8, 03.07.19
- God warned Solomon about what would happen if he gave in to the temptations that would take him off course through intermarrying. Identify those times in your life where God has given you a similar warning & you did not pay attention.
- Connect the dots (for often the connection is not made, but in hindsight, years later) from such occurrences to things that have not gone well. See that there were consequences through your disobedience.
- Identify the principle depicted in God’s warning to Solomon.
- Think about the idols of self, the idols made of movie stars, the idol of SEX in this society . .. . . in what ways has it infiltrated your life/your thinking, your morals, values, & behaviour.
- Connect the dots from 11:5,7,8 to things in modern-day society. Or did you think such occurrences were exclusive to ancient society & bear no resemblance to things we indulge in today? Identify the parallels. I.e., what tempts you? What influences you? What takes your eyes of the Lord? Take anotherlook. **We don’t need “Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians,” etc. to do the same thing, folks. We have our own brand of each of these mentioned in the above verses. If you think you’ve never so indulged, think again . . . . you may be surprised . . . ..
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
TOMORROW’S STUDY WILL CONCLUDE WITH A STUDY OF THE LAST SET OF PASSAGES, I KINGS 11:9-14
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.