MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, I KINGS 11:1-14 STUDY, 02.07.19
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN a “THEME,” and a “PRINCIPLE”?
THEME – “the subject of a talk, a piece of writing, a person’s thoughts, or an exhibition; a topic” (find more @ https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=hp&ei=MnUaXZ7KKcKP0gLJ7Jr4DA&q=theme+synonym&oq=&gs_l=psy-ab.1.2.35i39l10.0.0..4480…1.0..0.75.75.1……0……gws-wiz…..10.X7VnN_ar4qo ).
PRINCIPLE – “a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning” (find more @ https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=hp&ei=MnUaXZ7KKcKP0gLJ7Jr4DA&q=principle+synonym&oq=principle&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i67l3j0l7.2376.3825..6439…1.0..0.102.798.8j2……0….1..gws-wiz…..10..35i39.am2uEGUTk7o ).
A PRINCIPLE forms a foundation for a particular belief system, usually having moral implications, while a THEME simply identifies what the
body of literature is talking about.
- IDENTIFY the over-all THEME of this body of Scripture passages.
- WHAT IS THE PRINCIPLE encased therein?
- CAN you identify some SUB-CATEGORIES re “how God works” based on the basic principle?
- What does Solomon’s disobedience in I Kings 11 have to do with you?
- NOW GO TO 2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-18 in whatever version you choose: (a) Connect the dots between the 2 sets (I Kings 11 & 2 Cor.6) (b) Relate this to application in present society; © What does this mean for you, in your life?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
NOW VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.