CONTINUING FROM THE PREVIOUS DAY’S STUDY . . . …
STUDY GUIDE, EPHESIANS 6:10-16, continued, 24.07.19
- What is meant by the “shield of faith”?
- How does faith create, or form, a protective shield?
- What is your understanding of the fiery darts/arrows of the devil? On what occasions can you cite examples of fiery arrows of the devil’s which have experienced coming against you? Recall a specific situation? What was your awareness level.
- In retrospect, how might they have been averted if your protective shield was tightly in place? In what ways can your awareness grow in regards to preventing these fiery darts/arrows? How can your shield of faith become more effective? (Ref. Romans 13, Colossians 3 passages).
- What is your helmet?
- What is your SWORD? (Ref. Heb.4:12).
- What are the “all strategies of the devil” & how will that armour enable you “to stand firm against” his wiles?
- Connect the dots from praying in the Spirit to being strong in the Lord & the power of His might.
- When things such as false accusations, gossip, & slander come against you, identify how these would be defined by/fit into this module of teaching? What forces are working through these individuals when these things occur? How should you respond?
- Connect the dots to Paul’s statement that “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against spiritual forces of wickedness . . ..”
- Often people just assume that if one declares these passages, they have on the whole armour. Why is that not enough, by itself? What else are we called to do?
- INTEGRATE Luke 9:23:“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me,” with all the previous work. Connect the dots from Jesus/Yeshua’s assertion here, to Paul’s teaching in Ephesians 6.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.