MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “WAITING ON GOD,” 25.06.19
FROM THE FOLLOWING PASSAGES, IDENTIFY:
- RECOMMENDED RESPONSES WHILE “WAITING ON GOD.”
- WHAT THIS INDICATES ABOUT “WHY” YOU SHOULD “WAIT ON GOD.”
- CONTRAST THIS WITH WHAT YOU CHARACTERISTICALLY DO.
1 Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.
5 My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah
MEDITATE ON THE FOLLOWING:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
- WHAT DO YOU GLEAN FROM THESE PASSAGES ABOUT “WAITING ON GOD”?
- CONNECT THE DOTS FROM 2 CENTRAL POINTS IN THESE PASSAGES TO WHY YOU SHOULD “WAIT ON THE LORD” BEFORE MAKING YOUR OWN DECISIONS, COMING TO YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.
STUDY THE FOLLOWING PASSAGES, & IDENTIFY HOW JESUS/YESHUA MADE HIS DECISIONS:
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 AndHe who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.”
Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.
12 Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
13 And when it was day, He called His disciples to Himself; and from them He chose twelve whom He also named apostles*
* From the above, identify the significance of the choosing of the 12 apostles as having followed upon the heels of all-night prayer.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.