MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, PSALM 23, 21.06.19
- In what ways is the Lord your Shepherd?
- How do you experience Him as your personal Shepherd?
- Meditate on all the ways that your Shepherd takes care of your needs, and you do not want for anything.
- Meditate on the green pastures and still waters He has taken you to/provided for you. (a) In what situations can you specifically recall such provision? (b) What do the green pastures and still waters symbolize for you? © what are some of the green pastures and still waters He has taken you to?
- In what way, in what times/places have you experienced such meaningful restoration of your soul?
- Meditate on those paths of righteousness to which He has led you.
- How do you understand what is meant by “For His name’s sake”?
- In what life situation have you “walked through the valley of the shadow of death”?
- Recall your state of fear . .. . Why should you “fear no evil”?
- In what ways were you aware of God’s Presence during that dark time? If you were not aware at the time, how do you see that now?
- How can His “rod and Your staff” be a comfort to you? (His rod = correction line/discipline; His staff = direction, guidance).
- How does He “prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies”? In what ways, situations, or instances have you experienced this?
- You are not a “king” as such, to receive an anointing like King David; however, the Lord “anoints” us by His __________ ___________, and can fill us to ______________________. Identify three things (refer John 14, 15) that Jesus/Yeshua gives to us by His Holy Spirit that can fill us to overflowing.
- Why can you say, just as the Psalmist, that “goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of my life”; and you will “dwell in the house of the Lord forever”? (Ref. John 14:1-3).
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER GUIDE & pray through these passages @