PRACTICE GOING DEEPER WITH PSALM 119, 17.06.19
REMEMBER FROM 13.06.19 STUDY, that GOING DEEPER MEANS:
- Identifying principles, and themes
- integrating passages,
- connecting the dots
Takes you into more in-depth study, assisting you in discovering deeper meanings, understandings, revelations, & teaching you how to CONNECT THE DOTS, so you can make application of these to your own life.
“GOING DEEPER” involves:
- Then study– yes, I said read . .. . then study. There is a difference. When you “read” the words are often just that – “words;” words that are rarely retained, and may have little or no meaning. When you “study” read, & re-read. Then you go back & re-read again. You are going deeper, attempting to gain fuller understanding, to make meaning, make connections.
- MEDITATE on the words. YES, you will read them yet again. You will read them prayerfully, going deeper still, now, by yielding your mind/thoughts to the leading of the Holy Spirit, asking HIM to take you DEEPER, to open the eyes of your understanding (Eph. 1) & bring revelations, bring the words alive to you. This also necessitates your attentiveness: LISTEN for the voice of the SPIRIT. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into the full meaning, to assist you to connect the dots from themes and principles to the application it has for your very own life, your walk in the Spirit.
It is therefore a most useful exercise to practice taking even one or two passages, probing deeper, meditating, praying into, and moving into that zone of integration, connecting dots, & applying the deeper revelations discovered.
NOW LET’S PRACTICE “GOING DEEPER” into PSALM 119:1-8
1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
Who walk in the law of the Lord!
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart!
They also do no iniquity;
They walk in His ways.
You have commanded us
To keep Your precepts diligently.
Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!
Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments.
I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
When I learn Your righteous judgments.
I will keep Your statutes;
Oh, do not forsake me utterly!
READ, STUDY, MEDITATE & ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Identify the primary THEME/PRINCIPLE in this set of passages.
- How would you phrase the secondary theme/principle?
- Identify the 6 conditions specified, & connect the dots from those conditions to that primary theme/principle.
- In what way/from what perspective should you seek the Lord? (clue: v.2)
- To what extent, or how, should you keep God’s precepts? (v.4)
- What should your walk emulate, or encompass? (v.3)
- What does the SECONDARY principle direct you towards? (v.5-8 – five things identified).
- What personal meaning was shown to you, for you, by the Holy Spirit?
- In what ways are you aware of how differently you have understood these sets of passages than you perhaps were in times past?
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE @ for any points you may have missed.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.