PASSAGES TO PONDER, 14.06.19
JUST A MOTIVATING FOLLOW-UP TO YESTERDAY’S STUDY, on “GOING DEEPER:”
THE FOLLOWING ARE A SMALL SAMPLE OF PASSAGES TO PRACTICE ON FOR YOURSELF:
2 Cor.10:5 “casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ”
- PRACTICE THIS DAILY, BRINGING THOUGHTS THAT ARE NOT FROM THE LORD “INTO CAPTIVITY UNTO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST, THEREBY REPLACING CARNAL THOUGHTS WITH CHRISTLIKE/GODLY THOUGHTS.
- CONNECT THE DOTS FROM THE CARNAL THOUGHTS TO THE RESULTING ACTIONS/BEHAVIOURS.
- CONNECT THE DOTS FROM THE CHRISTLIKE THOUGHTS TO THE RESULTING BEHAVIOURS.
- ASSESS THE DIFFERENCE & BE ENCOURAGED.
NOW YOUR ARE IN A STATE OF READINESS TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
23 “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
- WHAT THINGS IN YOUR SELF-LIFE ARE YOU HOLDING ONTO?
- WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR YOU TO BE READY TO GIVE THEM UP?
- WHAT IS MEANT BY “TAKING UP YOUR CROSS DAILY”?
- DO YOU THINK YOU CAN “FOLLOW HIM” WITHOUT “TAKING UP YOUR CROSS DAILY”?
- IF YOU “THINK” YOU DESIRE TO FOLLOW HIM, ARE YOU PASSING THE TEST BY CARRYING OUT THOSE INTENTIONS?
- IF NOT, WHAT IS GETTING IN THE WAY?
24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.”
- WHAT NEEDS TO OCCUR FOR YOU TO BE READY/WILLING TO “LOSE YOUR LIFE” FOR CHRIST?
- HOW IS IT THAT “LOSING YOUR LIFE FOR CHRIST’S SAKE” WILL “SAVE” IT?
- HOW IS IT THAT DESIRING YOUR OWN LIFE ABOVE HIS WILL RESULT IN “LOSS”?
- WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
“And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched”
- WHAT ARE THE TEMPTATIONS THAT INTERFERE WITH YOUR WALK WITH JESUS/YESHUA?
- WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO CHANGE THAT?
- HOW CAN YOU “CUT IT OFF”?
- WHY IS IT BETTER TO BE “LAME” THAN TO HAVE 2 FEET THAT CONTINUE TO WALK IN SIN?
- HOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS PRINCIPLE AS IT APPLIES TO YOURSELF?
- BE SURE TO “CONNECT THE DOTS.”
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
- HOW DOES SIN “REIGN IN YOUR MORTAL BODY.?
- “CONNECT THE DOTS” FROM THOSE PLACES WHERE “SIN” IS IN CHARGE, & THE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR WALK, YOUR LIFE, YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS/THE FATHER/HOLY SPIRIT.
- GO DEEPER IN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF HOW SIN CAN GET A HOLD IN YOUR LIFE & CAUSE YOU TO OBEY SIN, RATHER THAN BEING OBEDIENT TO THE FATHER.
- IDENTIFY OCCASIONS WHERE YOU CAN SEE HOW SUCH PATTERNS HAVE LED TO UNWHOLESOME OUTCOMES.
- WHAT DOES THE WORD “LUST” MEAN TO YOU?
- WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY WEAKNESSES & TEMPTATIONS THAT ALLOW “SIN TO REIGN . . .”?
- MAKE A RENEWED COMMITMENT TO YOUR SELF AND TO THE LORD (ONLY PLEASE DON’T DO IT IF IT IS NOT COMING FROM A TRUE HEART’S DESIRE, BECAUSE IT IS BEST NOT TO MAKE A COMMITMENT, WITHOUT THE INTENTION OF KEEPING IT) TO TAKE CHARGE OF THESE MATTERS, BY: (1) BRINGING THESE FLESHLY THOUGHTS, DESIRES, WEAKNESSES “INTO CAPTIVITY UNTO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST” (THAT’S “SURRENDER”, BY THE WAY); AND (2) PUTTING THIS FLESH TO DEATH.
- NOW TAKE UP YOUR CROSS, DENYING THAT FLESHLY SELF, SO THAT YOU CAN FOLLOW HIM!
(c) 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.