MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “THE KING IS COMING!” 21.05.19
- The “King is coming!” We are in the last days; and you, my friends, are in this generation. Are you ready? Are you joyful? Are you anticipating His Coming, or are you dreading it?
- So if you are not ready, you’re not joyful, & if you are dreading Messiah’s return: (a) What is behind that fear & dread? (b) What do you need to do about it?
- Connect the dots between the time of Jacob’s Trouble/Tribulation and Yeshua’s arrival. Understand the sequence of events that must unfold, and observe how we are already beginning to see events which just preclude the actual tribulation period. Study Matt. 24 and Luke 21.
- Hershberg says: “Jesus is Saviour to a lot of people; but He’s not ‘Lord.’” What impact does this have on you?
- In what ways is He your “Lord”?
- In what areas have you not allowed Him to be “Lord” of your life?
- “There are some prerequisites – those with clean hands and pure hearts,” Hershberg states. Connect the dots between those qualifying factors and your walk with Yeshua. Identify any dirty spots, and impurities in your hands and heart.
- Connect the dots between uncleanness and the state of readiness for Messiah’s return.
- Those who “want God bad . . . .” (Hershberg); these are the ones who “will receive a blessing from Adonai” (Ps.24:5). Who/What comes first in your day: your spouse, your coffee, your phone, your social media?
- How intensely do you want Him? Where are you on a scale from 1 to 10?
- “Lift up your heads, O gates, and be lifted up, you everlasting doors: that the King of glory may come in” (Ps.24:7). Are you opening the gates? Are you inviting Him in? Are you awaiting His coming with excitement, or are you shrivelling back in fear?
© 2018, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE @