MENTORING/STUDY GUIDE, “Relationship = the KEY” 15.05.19
- When was the last time you heard a Word from the Lord?
- In what form does the communication from the Lord usually come to you? – i.e. dreams/visions, His Word, messengers (Pastors, Prophets, teachers, friends, tv/youtube ministries, etc.), during prayers times, or the deep inner voice of the Spirit, or inner man “knowings” (as I call them)?
- In what ways would you say that you are intimate with Father/Son/Holy Spirit?
- Identify areas of weakness in your relationship with Him – listening, communicating, time spent, etc. Be honest with yourself; evaluate how you are doing in this most important relationship in your life. . . .. or do you agree with Blackaby when he says it is the most important relationship in your life? In what ways, instances, & areas in your life do you need to come closer?
- Who/what in your life do you (sometimes, always, or frequently) place before God?
- What should you be doing if you are placing others/someone ahead of your relationship with God? Which commandment(s) are you breaking when you put someone/others/activities, etc. before Almighty God?
- How/what can you rearrange, alter, reformat in your life to make this relationship your priority?
- What do you find most difficult in your relationship with the Lord?
- In what ways do you find it difficult to be obedient?
- Throughout this Study, examples are given of Yeshua’s obedience to the Father. We each need to use that as our measuring stick of how close we are coming to being like Jesus/Yeshua, and where we are coming up short. Evaluate your walk. How close are you coming? What areas need improvement? No one is going to be perfect, by any means, this side of heaven. What we want to know is whether we are improving; whether we are attending to our walk, not just coasting or blundering through.
- If you find yourself impatient to know what God’s will for your life is, please understand that the answer lies in your relationship with Him, because “Everything in your Christian life, everything about knowing Him and experiencing Him, everything about knowing His will depends on the quality of your love relationship to God. If that is not right, nothing in your life will be right” (Blackaby, p.82). Instead of asking God to show you a blueprint, focus on surrendering every breath, every thought, every word, every emotion & desire you are harbouring, every step you take – your heart’s desires, goals, feelings, and decisions; every action/interaction. When you do that, you will be in the midst of His will at every turn, without any effort. It is through SURRENDER of each of these things that we will find ourselves at peace, content, knowing that we are in the midst of God’s will.
- If you find yourself struggling with the above issue, I recommend the following: (1) spend more time in God’s Word, and following it. (2) spend more time in communion/intimate prayer (i.e., not supplicating, just communing); (3) it may be helpful to read Dr. Henry Blackaby’s book. (4) Head/Heart Check-up – relationship is not an academic exercise; it must come from the heart. If you feel like your failing, or missing something, this is usually what is at the root of it.
May God BLESS each one who participates in this Study/Study Guide.
© 2017, revised 2018, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE @